Sunday, February 17, 2013

Thing #5 - School 2.0

Wow. Education is really becoming high-tech! It seems like I always knew this was happening, but I never realized how much until reading the perspectives on Web 2.0 and its use in education. Although I still maintain that we should never become completely reliant on technology, I think it is important to utilize the tools and resources that are available to us in order to create a more well-rounded and enriched learning environment for our students! School 2.0 means (to me) that we are creating up-to-date, lifelong learners that will be competitive with other students from around the globe and will be able to become successful adults. Schools of the future will be able to provide a global educational experience with more individualized learning for each student. With all of the Web 2.0 tools available, teachers can personalize education and make it relevant for each child! 

About the articles, I thought the different tools that were listed in 50 Web 2.0 Tools Every Teacher Should Know About was a great archive of tools to keep on hand for use in the classroom and in everyday life. I honestly did not realize that there were so many tools out there for a teacher to take advantage of!

I also enjoyed reading Hargadon's Article, Web 2.0 Is the Future of Education. I especially enjoyed his tips on how to use Web 2.0 effectively as an educator.

I think School 2.0 is an excellent way to create higher achieving students, but I think Bill Gates said it best when he said: “Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is most important.”

With that, I leave you until next post :)


No comments:

Post a Comment