Friday, February 15, 2013

Thing #3- Using my blog


 

Top five reasons why this blog will be useful for me as a teacher:


5.) To integrate technology into the classroom! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Technology is becoming more and more a part of daily life. So why not use it in the classroom as much as possible?


4.) To encourage lifelong learning! I will obviously not want to post things on which I am uninformed, so a blog is the perfect tool to keep myself up-to-date with the latest and greatest happenings in the field of education. Writing interesting posts will also be a challenge for me to learn new things and keep myself excited about teaching.

3.) To stay organized! What better way to keep track of ideas, communicate with others, and have a place to look back on what you have done? It is like an online portfolio!

2.) To share and collect ideas! As one of my professors often says, "don't re-invent the wheel." A blog is the perfect way to share ideas with parents and other teachers and to collect ideas in the same way. Two heads (or twenty) are better than one!

1.) And the most important reason (drum roll please....) - To communicate with parents! Good communication is key to parent involvement. More parental involvement is key to higher student success. Enough said.

And a given, IT'S FREE! :)

Happy blogging,
Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment