Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Thing #2 - My First Blogging Experience

As stated in my last post, I have no previous blogging experience. Therefore, I am looking at this as a first time blogger. There are a few blogs that I enjoy reading on an occasional basis (teacher blogs!!), but I never really considered having one of my own. I decided to use my own name as my posting name and my blog is entitled "Lesley's 23 Things!" as a part of my course requirements.

So, about my experience...

I thought the setup process was really simple and easy to do. I enjoyed being able to freely write about my opinions and thoughts without having to worry about APA format, citing sources, or any of the other technical requirements that are usually a part of college assignments. (Guess that is a plus of blogging huh?) This feels like a place where I can express myself and reflect my style through my writing. I think this would be an invaluable tool to use as a teacher for communication with parents and other teachers!

I also created my first avatar for this blog. I had a lot of fun creating this... even though it took me a long time to pick out my hair and outfit :) I tried to make an avatar that reflected my personality and looked like me. I want this blog to be a true representation of myself!

With love <3

4 comments:

  1. Coming to your page I would have never known it was your first experience with blogging because everything looks so neat and good. I agree that blogging is a good thing to do because of not having to worry about how you are going to write it. It is nice to be able to write freely and not worry about stuff being perfect just being able to be yourself and write as you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Haley. Your blog is very organized and cute. It definitely invites people in to read. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely appreciate you striving for personal authenticity within your blog! It's noticeably easier to learn when you have an honest representation in front of you!

    ReplyDelete