Saturday, February 16, 2013

Thing #4 - Creating A Blogging Community

Communication is the key to every relationship, be that a face-to-face relationship or an online relationship. This being said, communication is the key to successful and meaningful blogging. Aside from situations such as the one I am currently in (creating specific blog posts based on a classroom assignment), the purpose of blogging is to collaborate and communicate with others who share common interests.

I found several interesting points in the readings. In the post from the Coolcat Teacher Blog, I thought it was interesting that she stated how important it was to comment as if you are really "hearing" the posts, not just passively reading them. Although I know I have a very limited audience based on the nature of this blog, it is still a really cool idea to think that others are reading and benefiting from my posts.

I also thought the post from the Blue Skunk Blog was interesting in that it said that a blogger SHOULD be grateful and say thank-you to someone who comments on his or her posts. The author said that this is not a universally accepted practice, but it should be.

In lieu of all this commenting talk, I commented on the following blogs from our classroom:

Kelina's Twenty-Three Things. I shared with Kelina that I am also an avid reader and my ideas on how a blog could be useful to share good reads with others.

Hannah Mann Hannah had this adorable jigsaw puzzle of a colorful backpack that she generated herself. I thought it was adorable!

Lauren's 23 Things I shared a quote that I had posted in my blog with Lauren. We had similar ideas on how technology is a wonderful tool for education, but that we can't rely on technology alone!

Natalia Lee's blog I commented on Natalia's images that she created. I thought they were really cute and I liked how she created an image that she could use to motivate other students!

Mallory Johnson's Blog I thanked Mallory for sharing a cool app she found that helps to organize and streamline a busy schedule. As stated in one of my other posts, I am the to-do list queen! I will be checking this app out!

I also commented on the following blogs that I found interesting:

Schoolgirl Style This blog is full of classroom decorating ideas. I posted on the best decorating trends of 2012 letting her know that the compilation of "best trends" is like a new teacher's paradise! :)

One With The Pastor I have the unusual circumstance of dating a preacher. This was a nice blog for me to visit and be able to relate with others like me (there are not many!). I posted similar feelings on a blog about criticism and not giving it even when you receive it. It was a nice, uplifting experience for me. 

Well, I think that is enough commenting for one post. Until next time... :)




No comments:

Post a Comment