Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Thing #10 - Staying Up-To-Date With RSS Feeds

I am guilty of thinking exactly what was posted on our assignment for Thing 10: You expect me to click on and read all of those different blogs? Yeah, right. Well, Google Reader seems to be the answer to this problem. I found the setup process very easy. All I had to do was find blogs that I was interested in and click "subscribe"! Easy as that! 

Edudemic.com
I am now subscribed to: 


Google Reader saves a lot of precious time. I am a headline reader by nature, so this tool is right up my alley.   I enjoy being able to see what is new and going on in the world without having to skim through pages of irrelevant information.

Aside from the time saving qualities, RSS can help teachers quickly identify new topics and information that might be useful without having to rummage through all those posts that are not interesting or relevant. Also, the information comes to the teacher. Less search time = more time to read and enjoy the blogs = better ideas for the classroom. Simple enough. 


Off to see what's new (in one conveniently located place)! Ciao! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment