Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Thing #20 - YouTube Can Be Educational Too!

I know, I know. Seems crazy right? But yes, the fact is that YouTube can be more than just an easy way to watch others attempt unfortunate stunts and to gaze longingly at that 1957 Elvis music video of Jailhouse Rock... (I know it isn't just me!) The reality is that YouTube can be as educational or as recreational as you want it to be!

In fact, there are some fantastic videos out there that can be used in the classroom as learning tools, along with plenty of videos that can be used to help/train/teach the teacher! As a testimony to this fact, I will share two videos on this blog that I have used in my classes or on projects in just the last two days! Don't be astounded, this is a true story!

Video One: I used this video as part of an assignment on teaching second grade students about copyright!


Video Two: I used this video to educate myself about a topic for an upcoming presentation I have to give on whole brain teaching. This is a video of a teacher implementing the strategy in a kindergarten classroom! Seeing the strategy in action really helped me understand it!






Explore what YouTube can do for you! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment