Sunday, March 3, 2013

Thing #17 - Poppin' Tags

Another somewhat foreign concept to me, social bookmarking and tags. I know, I know. I'm young and tech savvy, so why am I so behind on these types of things? Well, I don't know. But hey, it is never too late to learn!

I created an account with Delicious, a social bookmarking and tagging site. After exploring the site for a while, I have to admit - this is a pretty cool concept. All you do, is search the web or Delicious site for a topic (ie educational technology) and when you find a great website, you just bookmark it (like you would on a regular bookmarks bar) and tag. So, when you log into delicious and want to find that great site that you discovered about educational technology, you can just find it in your bookmarks, or search your tags (such as #technology, #teaching, #resources, etc.). The social aspect of this site is that I can see what others have commented about a bookmark, thus I can gauge if it is a good site or not!


wordle of my delicious tags
Photo by technovore
I think this would be very useful for the classroom. So many times I find a great resource but have no idea where I found it when I am looking for it again later. This would help me keep track of and organize my web resources. For example, if I find some great sites on science, then I can bookmark the site and organize it with tags. So, when I go to look for it again later, it's all right there and ready to go!


Time Saved + Stress Saved = One Happy Teacher!
Until next time, #happyblogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment