Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Thing #19 - Pop! Goes the Teacher!

For this assignment, I became a member of TeacherPop. I had honestly never heard of TeacherPop until now, but I thought it was really cool that this social networking site for pre-service and in-service teachers was started at my alma mater, APSU! I am an oddball of the 90's generation in that I don't spend a lot of time on social networking sites (Facebook). My time is very limited as an active and concerned student, so I generally spend all free time sleeping, eating, or studying. ;) However, I do think it is a great idea to have a social network just for teachers! It is always beneficial to be able to collaborate with others with similar interests. 
On a more palate pleasing note, I also explored Tasty Kitchen. I love to bake and cook, which means that I love to look at and try new recipes! This appears to be a great recipe sharing network and I love that it is connected with Pioneer Woman, one of my and my mom's favorite cooking shows! Therefore, I think I will use this site later to find yummy (and member reviewed) recipes to use. 

Happy teaching, happy baking, happy blogging. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment