Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My final thoughts...

This 23 Things project was a multi-faceted project. At times, I loved it. At times, I hated it. At times, it was fun. At times, it was time consuming. But aside from the fact that my post about LiveBinders seems to have officially screwed up the HTML code for every future blog post, I genuinely learned a lot from this project.

I will not stop here. I plan to re-purpose my blog as a classroom blog. I think the whole blogging experience is one of my favorite things that I will take from this project. I am still actively following the blogs that I subscribed to, and I really enjoy the blogging experience myself.

Ultimately, this project has helped me to better myself as a teacher. I have discovered a plethora of tools with practical uses for the classroom that I was unfamiliar with before now. As a result, I have developed the skills of a life-long learner. I vow to stay up-to-date with technology and educational research, and on the day that I become burned out or bitter with my job, I will quit. It isn't fair to my students to be stuck in the same room with a negative and uncaring person for 8 hours a day. I will not be that person.

It has been a long, sometimes hard, but ultimately good road with you 23 Things. So, until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment