Saturday, March 2, 2013

Thing #16 - Getting Organized with Web 2.0

Whoo hoo! Welcome to "to-do list queen" heaven! I love organizational tools. I created a personalized start page with iGoogle, a calendar with Google Calendar, and a to-do list (eeek!) on Remember The Milk. A breakdown of my experience:

Creating the start page with iGoogle was SUPER easy. Literally, it only took about 4 clicks to complete. Easy as pie. I was able to choose my interests, a cute frog background, and customize the time and weather to my location. Personalized, easy, productive. What's not to love?

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am a big Google fan. And any busy Google fan should be a frequent user of Google Calendar! I have always found Google Calendar to be super easy to use and organize. Plus, they will send you reminders if you choose! I keep my calendar set on a 30 minute reminder. It really helps me to avoid those "oh man, I'm late!" moments. :) I would recommend Google Calendar to anyone with a computer and a busy lifestyle!
Remember the Milk

And last but definitely not least, my new found tool: Remember the Milk. It was very easy to create and personalize tasks, and it will show you a list of tasks that are due today, tomorrow, etc. when you open the page. I've already loaded it with some of my assignment due dates! You can set time estimates for completing the task, link the list item with a certain location or URL, and write notes about the task. All I can say is YES YES YES!! I will be using this tool again!


No comments:

Post a Comment